Saturday, September 02, 2006

Good Morning on this beautiful Saturday morning of September 2nd. I arrived home from Omaha, Nebraska, about 8:00 PM yesterday evening after being evaluated at the University of Nebraska Medical Center by Dr. James Armitage last Thursday. The trip went very well. After reviewing my biopsy slides, CAT and PET scans, and all other pertinent reports, he examined me and evaluated my condition and treatment progress. His conclusion was that my treatment is progressing well and the prognosis is very positive with a high probability of complete remission. In a nutshell, my treatment is on course and we should stay the course. After a thorough review of my condition, he answered all of my questions and discussed further treatment and monitoring after treatment is completed. It was an excellent session in every way.
I handled the trip as well as I could have expected and was accompanied by Barbara, my daughter, Lori, and granddaughter, Kaitlynn, which made the trip much more enjoyable than it might have been.
I thank the Lord for my progress as I have reached the half-way point in my chemotherapy and request that you continue to faithfully pray for me during my further treatments that God will restore me to health and strength and that future treatments will go well in everyway. I cannot thank you enough nor express all of my appreciation for your love, care and concern, especially your many prayers on my behalf.
I resume my chemotherapy next week for my fourth sessions of treatment.
Pastor Tim will be speaking tomorrow in both AM services.
Love in Christ,
Mel Brown

1 Comments:

At 9/02/2006 10:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your trip to Omaha went so well.
I looked up the DR. you saw in Omaha on the internet.
Dr Armitage is one of the leading experts in the world when it comes to lymphoma.
Very impressive credentials.
Also i was thinking. With names like Brown and Green you have a colorful
staff at Edgewood. In more ways then one.
Continue to improve.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter