Saturday, April 14, 2007

Good morning, it is Saturday, April 14th. I was pleased with how well I did preaching all three services on Easter Sunday. I had good stamina throughout the morning and even later when I enjoyed the Easter luncheon prepared at our home by Barb for the fully-assembled family. Cheryl and Lori and their respective families stayed until about 9:00 PM and we enjoyed a nice visit throughout the day with our kids and grand kids. Tim had to leave early to prepare for an important jury trial. Apart from a short rest that afternoon, I participated in most of the conversations and some activities; however, the next day the bottom dropped out and I was utterly exhausted. I slept late on Monday morning, rested that afternoon and felt washed out with little energy throughout the day. By Tuesday I was feeling better, but found myself coming down with a cold. Most of the Edgewood staff has suffered from a cold/sore throat during the last two weeks with nearly everybody eventually coming down with it. I hoped I would avoid it by staying away from them as much as possible but contracted it anyway. I pray that I will recover quickly without any complications, please pray for me accordingly. Lord willing, I plan to preach both services tomorrow morning and deliver the final message in the series, Peter's Prescription for Getting Along with Others. Tomorrow's message will be, Peacemaking - The Solution to Conflict. I hope to see you there.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter