Saturday, March 24, 2007

Good morning on this 24th day of March. Barb just mentioned to me how quickly this month is flying by. It is hard to believe that Easter is now just two short weeks away. I plan, Lord willing, to preach all three service on Easter and would appreciate your prayers about the entire day. Usually because it is the one day of the year when people are most likely to attend church either on their own or because someone has invited them, we have the highest attendances of the entire year. The first two services are huge and the 11:00 AM service is normally the lowest in attendance. I had thought about preaching the first two and having another staff member preach the last service, but decided I will do them all unless some unforeseen circumstance prevents it. If I'm exceptionally tired during the last service, I'll use my stool as a perch as I did when I first finished my chemo treatments. Please take this great opportunity to bring others to Easter at Edgewood - someone(s) might be saved because of your prayerful efforts of asking others to attend as your guest. Many are today faithful followers of Jesus Christ because someone took the opportunity to invite them to church on Easter.
Tomorrow's message is the next to last in the series, Peter's Prescription for Getting Along with Others. Some of you have inquired about how many messages there will be in the series so you can get all of the CDs in the set. There will be a total of eight messages with the final message delivered a week from tomorrow. I hope to see you in church.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter