Saturday, April 07, 2007

Good morning on this Saturday before Easter. Tomorrow is my favorite Sunday of the year because of it's emphasis on the resurrection of Christ, which is such a vital part of the gospel message. There is so much emphasis on the cross of Christ and often not enough on His resurrection. Both are absolutely necessary for our salvation. In fact, without the resurrection there would be no salvation. Romans says, Who was delivered for our offences and was raised again for our justification (Romans 4:25). It further says, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9). It couldn't be clearer - no resurrection, no gospel and therefore, no salvation. Thank God for His resurrection. It took His death, burial and resurrection to secure our salvation. Paul says, Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 1:1-4). What a wonderful day of celebration we anticipate tomorrow! Pray that God will give me the strength I need to preach all three services with so little time between the messages. I could not have done so a couple of months ago but am so thankful for the progress I'm gradually making. To God be the glory, great things He has done! Lord willing, I'll see you tomorrow - Happy Easter.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter