Friday, May 11, 2012

Good day on this Friday, May, 11th. I am writing this blog on Friday instead of Saturday because of a schedule conflict. As most of you now know, last Sunday morning I announced to the congregation my intention to step down as Senior Pastor of the Edgewood Baptist Church. I would urge you to visit the church's web site, edgewoodbaptist.net and watch last Sunday's sermon to get all of the details about the process. Many of you have asked me how I feel about leaving the pastorate after being here for so many years. I knew the day would come when I would not remain as pastor of this great church and have tried to prepare myself for the eventual day when I will turn the reins over to a successor. When I was finishing my chemo treatments years ago, I feared I might have to resign because I was so weak and sick, but God restored my strength and has given me six wonderful additional years as your pastor. Although I will retire as shepherd of this flock, I will not retire from The Lord. It makes the process easier because Barb and I plan to remain in our home and make Edgewood our place of worship during our retirement. If we were leaving all of you instead of remaining as part of this body, we would have a far more difficult time of leaving our current ministry. I have said many times,and believe with all my heart, that Edgewood's people are the finest you will find under God's Heaven, and it is a great privilege to be a part of this great church family. So it is onward and upward in Christ and we are looking forward to the next chapter of our lives. Sunday is Mother's Day and communion Sunday. I hope you'll be able to attend. Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter