Friday, March 02, 2012

Today I'm writing my blog on Friday evening instead of Saturday morning. I'm in Chicago to see my grandson,Ryan, perform in his school play, "Jungle Book." Before I left home yesterday afternoon, I checked the weather forecast to see today's weather in Chicago and saw it was going to be 50 degrees with rain showers during the day. I packed a light jacket in light of the mild forecast. Guess what - they were wrong! It never got anywhere near 50 degrees and about 1:00 this afternoon the snow started coming down so thick and fast you could hardly see to drive. They are now forecasting up to 7 inches of snow throughout the rest of the day and night. I wish I had a dollar for every time the weatherman has been dead wrong in a forecast. Many times I have found myself shoveling the fair and warmer. I was thinking about the many predictions by many people in various venues over the years. Stock market forecasts by so called market mavens which have been dead wrong. Economic forecasts by economists which have been dead wrong.  Political forecasts by pundits which have been dead wrong. End of the world forecasts by diverse prognosticators which have obviously been dead wrong. But the forecasts which have proven 100% accurate is the Biblical prophets who have forecast the future with precise exactitude. Think of some 640 prophecies made by various Biblical authors, over many years, under various conditions over 400 of which have been exactly fulfilled with the remaining prophecies being yet future. If I were a betting man, I would wager a large amount in the light of past performance of the Biblical writers, that it is a sure bet they all will be exactly fulfilled in the future. Now that is a forecast in which you can believe.
Tomorrow's sermon will be from Ephesians 2:1-10. I hope you will be able to attend these services to hear this message.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter