Saturday, April 03, 2010

Happy Easter and good morning on this Easter Eve. I am particularly excited about our Easter services at the i wireless Center at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. So many of you have enthusiastically shared with me about friends and family members who have agreed to attend at your invitation, and so many people are finding our invitation cards at check out counters in stores and businesses throughout the Quad Cities. Edgewood's contagious commitment is an inspiration to the entire pastoral staff, especially regarding your willingness to volunteer and serve in so many ways. All-in-all it promises to be a spectacular day which we will be savoring for some time to come. I'm putting the finishing touches on my Easter sermon which is entitled, Resurrection Power. I can't wait to preach this message! Please pray for these things: (1) That the power of God might rest upon me as I preach, (2) That God will pour out His blessings upon every part of this service, (3) That our Lord Jesus Christ will be honored and glorified in every way, and (4) That God will draw the many who have been invited or otherwise considered attending to this service. Our motivating theme is "HE IS RISEN AS HE SAID."
Because He lives,
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter