Saturday, June 16, 2007

Good morning on this, the 16th day of June. Beginning tomorrow I will meet with the college and career singles to answer a variety of questions they have posed to me. I am looking forward to addressing their excellent questions which represent numerous areas of concerns, unclear understanding, and inquisitiveness. Some are reflections of the challenges to their faith provided in college courses; others reflect issues which have troubled or confused them especially in recent days. It is understandable that in this "information age" in which an estimated one million pieces of new information enter the realm of knowledge every single day, that lots of questions would be created as those bits of information have to fit in with our previous knowledge, current understanding and faith. Truth is defined as that which corresponds to the facts and the Bible says, "Thy word is truth" (John 17:17). I have said throughout my ministry that if our faith will not stand up to the tests of truth, then it is not worth very much; however, I can assure you after sixty years of living, forty years of ministry, eight years of secular college and university courses, thousands of books and some of the severest challenges to my faith, that it does and will stand up to the test. That is why I am so eager to share with these young people the answers in the days ahead. Evolution and Genesis is the first of the topics we'll handle.
Tomorrow's sermon is entitled, God at Work and will be from Acts chapters 3 and 4. I hope I'll see you there.
Pastor Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter