Saturday, October 28, 2006

It is 4:00 AM, October 28th. Today's blog will be somewhat brief mainly because of the hour. I completed my sixth round of chemotherapy yesterday and was very glad that my viral infection was resolved and did not further delay my treatment schedule. The week of chemo went reasonably well and I am now getting ready for the remaining weeks of the treatment cycle, meaning the aftermath of the teardown and rebuilding going on which I have mentioned in previous blogs. One of the complications of the chemo is sleep disturbance. Normal sleep patterns are interupted and you can be awake for long hours at night unable to sleep. I sometimes joke that I often get up at 4:00 AM because I'm wide awake, but have trouble getting up then if I haven't been to sleep yet by that hour. Such is the case today. I am getting ready to go to bed because I haven't been to sleep yet. Usually when that happens, I finally manage to get to sleep in the early morning. Looking on the bright side of the subject, you can get a lot done during those sleepless hours, so I often go in my office at home turn everything on and work while Barb sleeps. I've been working on the church's 40 Days of SHAPE campaign for this spring and am excited about the materials and content and their potential impact on our personal lives, church body and community. I have been reading in Romans, and 1st and 2nd Corinthinians and have found much encouragement and support from so many verses. God has been wonderfully ministering to my heart and I am eager to share with you what God has been sharing with me through the process.
Pastor Dan will be preaching in the AM services tomorrow morning and as always I am ever so greatful for your prayers and love.
In Christ,
Mel Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter