Saturday, October 14, 2006

Good morning on this 14th day of October. After having a bad week because of the chemo as discussed in last week's blog, I started having chilling and fever early this week. My Dr. ran tests to determine if I had evidence of infection and check my blood cell levels. He concluded that I was suffering from a viral infection and that my blood cell counts were good. So I have been fighting a cough and congestion most of this week. I'll see the Dr. on Monday to check on my progress and determine if I will have my sixth and final round of chemo then (if I'm not completely over my viral infection, the week of chemo will have to be postponed). I had hoped to preach tomorrow but will not be able to do so because I am not yet over my bug. Please pray that I will recover quickly from this viral infection and that it will not develop into a secondary bacterial infection. The good news in this process is that my white cell count revealed that my immune system should currently be strong enough to fight this off and I am getting ever so close to finishing all my rounds of chemotherapy (I'm eagerly anticipating completing that final treatment cycle).
Pastor Ed will be preaching tomorrow and if my chemo is postponed for a week, Lord willing I'll be praching the following Sunday, October 22nd.
Please make every effort to be there tomorrow to meet and hear the children from the Gilgal ministries who will be with us in all of the services throughout the day and to support the spagetti luncheon fundraiser after the 10:45 AM service to assist the tsunami orphans with their many needs.
All things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are the called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28). God doesn't promise in this verse that all things are good but that He will make all things work together for good. Somehow He will use this latest setback accordingly.
There is a silver lining in my recent loss of all my hair - I was able after so many years to throw away my Head and Shoulders shampoo. Folks have been asking what I'm using now - Mop and Glow.
Thanks for your prayers - hope to see you very soon.
Pastor Brown

3 Comments:

At 10/17/2006 6:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you this past Sunday. We pray that you are better and that you will be done with this last round of chemo soon. Throughout this difficult time you have continued to lead and teach your people and have been an inspiration to everyone. We truly appreciate all you do and we love your sense of humor. I have copied your blogs to a file for those difficult times in my life when I need encouragement. We continue to pray for you daily. Thought you might get a kick out of the following only we are never disappointed. You are always a shining light.

"a light shone in the darkness, and lo, we did seek the light and its source, and having found the source we were greatly disappointed, for it was but a reflection off the head of a bald man blogging.

 
At 10/17/2006 9:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor,
October is "Pastor Appreciation Month." We can not begin to tell you how much you are appreciated, not just this month but every day of the year. Thank you for all that you do for us as a church family. The Lord has blessed us with a loving and caring Pastor. You are an inspiration to all. We will continue to pray for you, and your family.

The Fergusons

 
At 10/19/2006 8:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good thing you are not vain
cause you would be full of sorrow.
because when now you look in the mirror
you realize its hair today gone tomorrow.
no need for a comb or shampoo?
a vain man would stew.
another man might brood.
But you have kept a great attitude.
Another man might be a gloom and doomer.
But you have kept you sense of humor.
Your chemo is almost over, pretty soon you will be completely well.
We cant wait for that to happen, for we love you dearly Pastor Mel.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter