Saturday, December 15, 2012

Good morning on this early Saturday, December 15th. Since this is the next to the last blog I will write as Senior Pastor of the Edgewood Baptist Church, I would like to express a series of appreciations to the wonderful people I have had the privilege of serving these 44 plus years.

Thank you to the staff who have served with and under me so faithfully through the years. Edgewood has an efficient, well-equipped, spiritually dynamic group of staff members who have made my pastorate both productive and effective. Their often sacrificial service have made my job much easier and they are worthy of double honor for a job well done. 

Thank you to the members of the church boards who have so effectively partnered with me to move Edgewood forward and meet the needs of our people. I appreciate your faithfulness, support, leadership and assistance through the years. No man ever had a finer group to serve with than I.

Thank you to the teachers and helpers who have ministered the Word of God to the various aged people in the church, communicated the life-changing message of the Lord and faithfully shared the unsearchable riches of Jesus Christ. From those serving in the nursery to those ministering to the senior saints, you have made a difference in so many lives and I appreciate every one of you.

Thank you to those who have served in every capacity to make Edgewood a beacon for Christ. We have nearly 700 people who have served in some capacity in our congregation. You are the often unsung heroes who enable the church to carry out the ministry of our Lord. From those who usher to those who pick up paper around the church, I share my deep appreciation for your service.

Finally, thank you to every member of our church. I appreciate your love and faithfulness in attending the services. I have said repeatedly that Edgewood has some of the finest people this side of eternity and that there is no other people I would have preferred to pastor. You are the best and I love you very much. You contributed $1,425, 000 last year, made Edgewood debt free with property valued at 12 million dollars and made it possible to take 128 new people in the church, most of them by baptism. I appreciate your prayers, attendance, giving and inviting others to attend. I so appreciate every one of you.

This week's message is another in my final series, It is All About Jesus. I hope you will be attending,
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter