Saturday, November 28, 2009

Good morning on this Saturday, November 28th. I hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving last Thursday. All of my children and grandchildren have been together during this holiday weekend and as usual we had a great time talking, eating, playing games, and generally hanging out together. During our prayer at the table before our Thanksgiving feast, I recalled the Thanksgiving three years ago when I was suffering from a severe case of shingles on my chest, side and back and was horribly uncomfortable and largely withdrawn from my family because of it. I gave thanks for the blessings of a pain-free holiday and another chance to ENJOY time with my family members instead of having to mostly isolate myself in my bedroom because I was so miserable. What are the things that make this Thanksgiving better than some of your others? Most of us have a long list of blessings for which to be thankful this year, and even in times of dire circumstances, we can follow the admonition of the Psalmist who advised, "Oh, give thanks to the Lord for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." When we cultivate the habit of regularly counting our blessings and giving thanks to God for them, we have transformed thanksgiving into thanks-living and that will always lift our spirits.
Tomorrows sermon is another in the Proverbs series and is entitled, These Valuable Attributes Will Make You More Valuable. I'll look forward to seeing you then.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter