Saturday, November 07, 2009

Good morning on this first Saturday of November. From time to time folks ask me questions about Bible study books and what I recommend. I have used most of the study Bibles over the years and frequently use them all, but my favorite is the Life Application Bible. I like it because the notes are succinct but adequate and scholarly but practical. Check it out, I think you will like it. As to a good Bible commentary I recommend The Bible Knowledge Commentary - 2 volume set which was written by the faculty of Dallas Theological Seminary. For any Bible student, this combination of a study Bible and commentary set is a winning combination. Finally, I recommend The Online Bible as a software for computerized Bible study. The good news is that a starter package of this software is available for download to your computer free of charge at http://www.onlinebible.net and the upgrades and additions are very modestly priced.
You can also go to http://www.studylight.org for access to a large variety of Bible translations, commentaries, and study notes online free of charge. These recommendations will help your Bible study to be more productive and meaningful. For a minimal investment you will experience maximal returns. Tomorrow's sermon is the second in the series Proverbs: God's Instructions For Your Best Life and is entitled, Wise Advisors and Advice Lead To Success.
I'll look forward to seeing you there.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter