Saturday, March 14, 2009

Good morning on this beautiful sunshine-filled day, Saturday, March 14th. Last night I talked to my daughter, Lori, and her family in Beijing via video phone through Skype on my computer. We not only saw each other live on the screen as we talked, but also saw details of their hotel room in the background. Isn't modern technology wonderful to see and hear each other half a world away on a toll-free basis. They arrived in China on Friday and will get their new son on Sunday. I'm sure they can't wait to hold him in their arms for the first time and meet the little guy they have dreamed of for so long. Last week I mentioned their travel web site, www.adoptionwebsites.net and recommended that you visit the site periodically to check on their progress by clicking on the name, Aiden Michael, on the right side of the screen. Lori is regularly updating the site with pictures, video clips and written progress reports of their adoption journey. There is also an opportunity for you to leave them a message on the site through the guestbook tab on the left side of the screen. Barb and I can Skype them each evening to see how they are doing and plan to introduce ourselves to Aiden shortly after they get him when they put him in front of the computer camera. We are probably as excited about that moment as they are.
Tomorrow's message is The Vision Of Christ For His Church: Evangelism. I sure hope I'll have the joy of seeing you there.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter