Saturday, February 07, 2009

Good morning on this first Saturday of February. It is good to be home again after two weeks away. It is so true that there is no place like home. Taking some leisure time is great, but after a couple of weeks, I am always anxious to get back to work because I miss our church and the teaching and preaching of God's Word. I appreciate the many of you who have shared with me what a fine job our two newest associates, Pastor Craig and Pastor John, did in preaching during the two Sundays I was away. I had every confidence you would be blessed by their pulpit ministry even as the Edgewood Youth and Singles have been blessed by their leadership and respective ministries. Truly the Edgewood Baptist Church is blessed with a wonderful and gifted staff and I always know that our people will be well served when I am away.
Tomorrow's message will focus on Christ's vision for our church and is entitled, The Vision Of Christ For His Church. I'll look forward to being back in the pulpit and having the privilege of seeing you then.
By the way, I hope you are enjoying some of the Florida weather I brought back with me this weekend.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter