Saturday, January 24, 2009

Good morning on this Saturday morning, the 24th of January. I'm writing this blog from my mother-in-law's home in central Florida. There is an old saying, "Success is relative; when you are successful, the relatives will come." For many years Barb and I have visited her mother in January. Each year is more special because of her advanced years (she's 94) and the fact that we've almost lost her on three recent occasions with cardiac arrest. Not only is success relative, but so is people's reaction to the weather. When we arrived in Florida, a cold front followed us and stayed for several days with temperatures below freezing. It is the longest cold spell Florida has experienced in two decades. Floridians have bitterly complained about how cold it is here and I chuckle to myself when I think, 27 degrees above is nothing compared to the 27 degrees below zero we've recently experienced at home. It is all relative, but to see people down here bundled up with these temperatures similar to the way that people dress when it is excessively cold at home is quite a site. Since we can't change the weather, it is a good idea to make the best of it and go on. To her many friends at Edgewood, Barb's mother sends a warm hello. Pastor Craig Stevenson, our Youth Pastor will be speaking tomorrow. You won't want to miss it. Lord willing, I'll be attending my nephew's church. Have a wonderful Lord's day.
Pastor Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter