Saturday, November 29, 2008

Good morning on this Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend, November the 29th. Today's blog will focus on the theme of the season which is of course, Thanksgiving. What a wonderful week it has been with the celebration of my 40th anniversary as pastor of Edgewood last Sunday followed by a family and fun-filled holiday with all of the members of my family home for the Thanksgiving weekend. Lots of great food, fellowship and fun have overflowed during the past seven days and I am so thankful for every moment of it.
Thanks to the Edgewood people for every part of my anniversary celebration, the gifts, the warm words, the many notes and cards, the dinner, the presentation, and most of all your presence and good wishes. I will continue to savor every memory of it. So this Thanksgiving I have had all of that and all of your thoughtfulness and appreciation for which to thank God.
As I have had the pleasure of spending extra time with each member of my family, I have given thanks for each and every one of them and especially enjoyed the presence of our newest grandson, Kai - what a little jewel he is to us all. I am so thankful for every blessing and give God all the glory. He is great and greatly to be praised for all of His wondrous works and blessings.
To Him and Him only be all glory, honor and praise!
Tomorrow's sermon is entitled, The Two Parts of Thanksgiving. I am so excited by its content, I can't wait to deliver it. I hope I'll see you there.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter