Saturday, November 22, 2008

Good morning on this Saturday morning, the 22nd day of November. Tomorrow is a major milestone as we celebrate my 40th anniversary as pastor of the Edgewood Baptist Church. Tomorrow's activities will include special services in the morning, cap stoned with a sermon entitled, Do You Hear What I Hear. The evening festivities will begin in the multipurpose facility at 6:00 PM and will include a dinner, a video presentation, some short testimonies by a select group of people, and some brief comments by me. It should be a wonderful day in every way and I hope your plans include everything planned by our Board of Deacons as part of the celebration. It will be great to have all of my family together for the day's activities including my three children, Lori, Cheryl, and Tim; their spouses, Greg and Kevin; and five grandchildren, Maelynn, Ryan, Kaitlynn, Brendan, and Kai - 12 in all. Of course, we are looking forward to having so many of our church family together as well as the Edgewood staff and their families. It will be quite a family reunion. I'll look forward to seeing you all there.
Pastor Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter