Saturday, November 08, 2008

Good morning on this Saturday, November 8th. As the church is preparing to celebrate my 40th anniversary as pastor of the Edgewood Baptist Church on Sunday, November 23rd, I thought I would take this opportunity to brag on the Edgewood staff. They do an great job in their respective ministries in addition to teaching, preaching, visiting, and handling various problems brought to them by our people. Many of you have complimented them to me telling me about how they have helped you with a problem, provided Biblical counsel about a situation, or assisted you in some way. They routinely work many evenings in addition to the extra hours required to handle emergencies, make unexpected hospital visits, or take calls to meet special needs. The work of the ministry is never done, there is always another hospital call, another crisis, another death, another problem, another meeting or another call to handle. Many days off are not a day off because of calls or needs which must be met. They are faithful in fulfilling the extras of their ministry and do so without complaint. I thank God for them and ask you to do the same. It is often said that fortunate is the church that has an excellent staff to represent Jesus Christ in a congregation - that is certainly true at Edgewood. I appreciate every one of them and am grateful for them.
Tomorrow's message is entitled, How To Search The Bible And Allow The Bible To Search You. I hope I'll see you there.
Pastor Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter