Saturday, November 24, 2007

Good morning on this Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. I hope you had as wonderful of a Thanksgiving as I. All of my family was here and we enjoyed a wonderful day together. The last couple of days I've been full-time in the grandfather business with my four grandchildren, Maelynn, Ryan, Brendan and Kaitlynn. What an experience to go fun places with them and soak up the gratification of seeing them so full of glee. Yesterday I took them all to a Disney movie, Enchanted, and it was a delight not only to be with them, but also to enjoy their sheer enjoyment of the experience. Truly children are an "heritage of the Lord" as the Bible proclaims. We are looking forward to our fifth grandchild, Kai, a little guy 16 months old who has serious foot problems. Since my daughter is a foot surgeon, she offered to adopt him and will correct his feet. So if everything goes as planned, we'll have him in our arms sometime in February and that anticipation has made this Thanksgiving even more special. There is one caveat, all of the arrangements have not been completed, so until we have final confirmation, we must remain cautiously optimistic about his coming. During our family Thanksgiving prayer I shared the things for which our family has to be thankful and it again reminded me of how much we take for granted.
Tomorrow's message is entitled, Removing the "In" From Ingratitude. I sincerely hope I'll have the pleasure of seeing you there.
Pastor Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter