Saturday, August 04, 2012

Good morning on this Saturday, August 4th. Last week I wrote about the beginning of the 2012 Olympic Games, the opening ceremony, and the game's relationship to their forerunner, the athletic competitions in the Apostle Paul's day. I quoted Paul's references comparing the Christian life to running a race and striving to win the prize. I wrote about the incredible desire, determination and discipline required of the athletes to prepare for and compete in the Olympic games and compared that discipline to the discipline(s) practiced by Christ in His life. I promised to highlight those disciplines in today's blog.
But as I began outlining those many disciplines, I became aware that merely having such a list without the necessary explanation and application would not convey what was needed to help you put them into practice in your life.
Consequently, I have decided to prepare a more detailed commentary and make it available to the church. Within the next couple of weeks it should be ready and available for distribution in the Edgewood foyers.  Please watch for this summary and commentary in the coming weeks and be sure to pick up your personal copy.
Tomorrow's sermon is another in our series on prophecy. I hope you'll be able to be there.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter