Saturday, July 12, 2008

Good morning on this Saturday, July 12th. Last weekend I did not blog because I was traveling to be with family members during the 4th of July holiday weekend. My brother, Don, flew from Maryland to Chicago where we visited my daughter, Cheryl, and her family. My daughter,Lori, and her family joined the rest of us including son, Tim, as we all became better acquainted with our new grandson, Kai, who recently was added to our family. Kai, who turned two on Thursday, suffers from serious foot problems in both feet and Cheryl began treating him almost immediately after they arrived home. He has a cast on each foot which is re-casted each week. The change in casting repositions the feet so as to slightly change the position of his feet to gradually restore them to a normal position. He will be in casts for a total of 12 weeks and if this process does not adequately correct his problem, he will undergo surgery for the second time. It is exciting to see him enthusiastically run around the house in spite of his casts. Believe me he navigates amazingly well while he moves in those casts. He is adjusting to his new life and family very well and will fit right in to our extended family, including his soon to be cousin, Aiden, who also suffers from foot problems and will be adopted by Lori and Kevin and treated by Cheryl.
Don, Barb and I then traveled to the Hammond area, visited my cousin, Norbert and his mother, picked up my Aunt Ruth, the last surviving sibling in my mother's family, and traveled to Mill Creek, Indiana, to visit my cousin, Lorena, at her home. It was wonderful to fellowship and discuss spiritual subjects. When I dropped Don off at the airport in Chicago and headed for home, I had a great feeling of satisfaction because of how well the weekend had gone. Anytime you have the opportunity to be with people you love and discuss the Lord you love with them, it is a wonderful time. The opportunity is well worth the effort.
Tomorrow's sermon is the sixth and final prophecy update message and will focus on Armageddon. I'll look forward to seeing you there.
Pastor Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter