Saturday, February 05, 2011

Good morning on this first Saturday of February. I returned today from central Florida where Barb and I visited my wife's 96 year old mother, then attended a pastor's conference in northern Florida. I followed the weather in the Quad Cities on my computer and was concerned when I learned that the area endured an 18 inch snowfall earlier this week. As I was flying over the area as we prepared to land in Moline, I was struck by the sea of white which covered everything below with such saturation. Never before have I seen such a 3D-effect created by the snow accumulated on the ground when viewed from the air. The rate of accumulation and overall depth of the final snowfall produced considerable hardship for many people and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank those who worked so diligently to clean the snow from our parking lots and clear the snow and ice from our sidewalks. Our guys did a terrific job and we appreciate the yeoman effort. Thanks to all who were involved in this task for a job very well done! Edgewood is blessed with so many wonderful people who are willing to serve with dedication and determination to do whatever needs to be done in the work of Jesus Christ.
I'm looking forward to returning to the pulpit tomorrow with a message entitled, Keys To Winning Your Life's Race. I hope to see you there.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter