Saturday, July 10, 2010

Good morning on this Saturday, July 10th. Earlier this week was Independence Day. I was enjoying a time with my family at the Wisconsin Dells during the day, and as I traveled to my daughter's home in the Chicago area that evening, I was greeted with a constant assortment of fireworks while driving through the various municipalities. It was like having one continuous display of polytechnics all the way there. What a site as the skies exploded in a magnificent sea of colors and range of sounds all around me. As I look back over the various 4th of July activities I enjoyed throughout the day, I was reminded that behind all of the hoopla was an most important purpose - the commemoration and celebration of our independence as a nation and as individuals. In spite of America's problems and flaws, it is such a privilege to live in the "land of the free and the home of the brave." This holiday is about remembering that and being grateful for that entitlement. Our country was founded upon the principle of religious freedom and our forefathers sought to create a land where they could worship God as they chose without interference from the government. Long may we cherish and defend that right for ourselves and others, and may we never forget God's promise" Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." May we fully exercise our freedoms to worship God individually and together and do all we can to exercise the freedom of telling others about our wonderful Savior, Jesus Christ and His saving grace.
Tomorrow's sermon is entitled, The Heart of Worship. I'll look forward to your exercising your right to freely worship by being in church tomorrow.
Mel Brown

HTML Counter
Free Hit Counter